18:52 04th Jan, 2013
Sony Xperia Z And ZL With 5" Screen Goes Official
Android-based phablets with a 13 mp rear camera expected to be showcased at CES 2013.
Amidst speculations and rumours about it 5" phablet handsets, Sony has put up press shots of two of its smaprtphones, which will probably be up at CES 2013. The similar-looking devices are said to be powered by Snapdragon S4 chipset with a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, Adreno 320 GPU, and 2 GB of RAM. The handsets will feature a 5" 1080p display, 13 megapixel main Exmor RS camera, and a front-facing camera to make voice calls. The front camera on the ZL seems to be oddly placed on the base of screen though. Although nothing is mentioned about the OS version it'll feature, it should probably run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box.
While these are official press shots confirming the existence to the two handset variants, rumours of the Xperia X launch at CES with a rather similar spec sheet is also making rounds. The Xperia X is speculated to be a dual-SIM variant of the ZL (looking at the placement of the front-facing camera). Sony launching three similar handsets and a single event seems a bit strange, but since CES is just round the corner, we won't have to wait too long to figure out the company's plans.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones