17:05 20th Dec, 2012
Google Celebrates 200 Years Of Grimm's Fairy Tales With A Doodle
Enjoy the story of the little Red Riding Hood through an interesting interactive logo.
Fairy tales have been an integral part of our childhood. Today, Google celebrates 200 years of Grimm's Fairy Tales through an interesting series of panels on its homepage. The doodle takes you back to the story of the Little Red Riding Hood, a European fairy tale about a little girl who goes to meet her old granny, only to bump into a Big Bad Wolf.
Originally written by Charles Perrault, the story came to the German Brothers Grimm (Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm) in two versions, from which they created a series of two stories. It appeared as the story of "Rotkäppchen" in the first edition of their book "Kinder- und Hausmärchen" (Children's and Household Tales (1812)).
The Brothers Grimm were known to be academic linguists, and cultural researchers, who collected and recreated folklore. Some of their popular stories include "Cinderella" (Aschenputtel), "The Frog Prince" (Der Froschkönig), "Hansel and Gretel" (Hänsel und Gretel), "Rapunzel", "Rumpelstiltskin" (Rumpelstilzchen), and "Snow White" (Schneewittchen) among others.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-