Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:06 04th Nov, 2011
Apple Confirms Battery Issue In iPhones
Promises to fix it with a software update.
In the last couple of weeks, there have been a considerable amount of complaints regarding the iPhone 4S's dismal battery performance. Interestingly, these problems also spiked with older iPhone 4s updated to the latest iOS 5. After keeping mum for a quite a while, Apple has finally acknowledged the issue.
Here's the statement given by Apple to AllThingsD.com: "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks".
Reportedly, the company declined to elaborate on the statement, but promised to release a software update soon. Since iOS 5.0.1 beta for developers mentions a "battery issue" in a list of bug fixes, it's probably the fix that Apple was on about. Considering it's already available for devs, it shouldn't take too long before going live for normal users.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance