Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:25 16th Sep, 2011
PlayBook To Get A Major Update
Android App support is on the way.
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, launched back in April, never had a smooth ride. It was criticized for its buggy firmware and lack of native apps. However, Research In Motion (RIM) is not going HP's way by abandoning its tablet. The company has shown its love towards the PlayBook by announcing an upcoming software update.
The update is expected to address most of the issues found in the BlackBerry Tablet OS (based on QNX Neutrino). It will finally bring the long-awaited native email, contacts, and calendar functionality, which is absent in the current build. The Android App Player will allow the tablet to run Android apps. Additionally, the BlackBerry Video Store will be introduced, which will let users access over 10,000 movies and TV shows, with the ability to stream them via HDMI to your TV.
The update will be showcased at the BlackBerry DevCon event in October, and will be made available shortly thereafter.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-