Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:25 16th Sep, 2011
PlayBook To Get A Major Update
Android App support is on the way.
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, launched back in April, never had a smooth ride. It was criticized for its buggy firmware and lack of native apps. However, Research In Motion (RIM) is not going HP's way by abandoning its tablet. The company has shown its love towards the PlayBook by announcing an upcoming software update.
The update is expected to address most of the issues found in the BlackBerry Tablet OS (based on QNX Neutrino). It will finally bring the long-awaited native email, contacts, and calendar functionality, which is absent in the current build. The Android App Player will allow the tablet to run Android apps. Additionally, the BlackBerry Video Store will be introduced, which will let users access over 10,000 movies and TV shows, with the ability to stream them via HDMI to your TV.
The update will be showcased at the BlackBerry DevCon event in October, and will be made available shortly thereafter.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance