Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:25 16th Sep, 2011
PlayBook To Get A Major Update | TechTree.com
PlayBook To Get A Major Update
Android App support is on the way.
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, launched back in April, never had a smooth ride. It was criticized for its buggy firmware and lack of native apps. However, Research In Motion (RIM) is not going HP's way by abandoning its tablet. The company has shown its love towards the PlayBook by announcing an upcoming software update.
The update is expected to address most of the issues found in the BlackBerry Tablet OS (based on QNX Neutrino). It will finally bring the long-awaited native email, contacts, and calendar functionality, which is absent in the current build. The Android App Player will allow the tablet to run Android apps. Additionally, the BlackBerry Video Store will be introduced, which will let users access over 10,000 movies and TV shows, with the ability to stream them via HDMI to your TV.
The update will be showcased at the BlackBerry DevCon event in October, and will be made available shortly thereafter.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India