15:49 04th Jul, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S II And Note Will Get ICS
The newly announced version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich will make way to these two Samsung smartphones
We know how messed up OS update schedules can be if not dealt with in the right way. LG proved that to us by mentioning that the next major update (Android 4.0) will not make way to the Optimus 2X smartphone. Samsung, on the other hand, has now announced a move, which will bring smiles on the faces of the owners of the company's flagship device, the Galaxy S II. Well, the company has said that the handset will receive Android 4.0 as soon as it is ready. Moreover, the yet to be launched Galaxy Note will also receive the update at about the same time. The Galaxy Note will be launched in certain countries this month, therefore, we're looking at an update scheduled somewhere during the first half of 2012. Though that's not early enough for some users, it must be relieving enough to know that Samsung does take care of its customers.
Sadly though, there is no mention of a specific roll out date so we're left guessing. Samsung has not been known for timely updates in the past (ask the Galaxy S owners), but it's a good sign nevertheless to see the company learning from its past errors. Hence, if any of you recently bought a Galaxy S II, you can be assured that your phone will be provided with the latest and greatest version of Android. Hopefully, LG will take some inspiration from Samsung and starts working on an ICS update schedule. I'm sure the users wouldn't mind waiting for a month or two for the update. This is similar to what Sony Ericsson did after the company announced that no updates will be given to the Xperia X10. Shortly after that announcement, the company promised the users an update and today we have a fully functional Gingerbread update for the Xperia X10.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance