Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:27 31st Oct, 2011
Acer Bites Into Mango | TechTree.com
Acer Bites Into Mango
Launches its first Windows Phone 7.5 device in France.
Acer has launched its very first Windows Phone, the Allegro, in France. The specs however, aren't extraordinary. This suggests that Acer is targeting the mid-range smartphone segment, hoping to compete with the likes of Nokia's Lumia 710.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8255 CPU clocked at 1 GHz. It sports a 3.6" screen displaying 480x800 pixels. Other specs include a 5 MP camera with LED flash, 8 GB memory, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the usual bunch of sensors. The device measures 4.6" (l) x 2.3" (w) x 0.5" (d) and weighs in at 126 grammes. According to the company, its Fast Charge technology charges the device's 1300 mAh battery 2.5 times faster than rival tablets and phones.
The phone will hit the French market by the end of November and is expected to cost around 300 euros (approx Rs 20,000). It will come in white and black; however, there's no word on the worldwide release as of now.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India