12:33 05th Sep, 2012
BenQ GH700: 16 mp Camera With 21x Zoom Launched For Rs 16,000
Claims to produce "exceptional" day and night shots with its BSI imaging sensor and high-speed DSP.
BenQ has launched the GH700, a new camera that employs a powerful 21x optical zoom lens along with a 16 megapixel Back-Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor for better low-light results, all at an affordable price. To make it easier while shooting at such high zoom levels, the camera is equipped with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) to compensate for vibrations. The GH700 features a 25 mm wide angle lens to capture a large area in a single shot. In addition to shooting faraway objects, it also claims to be able to capture subjects as close as 1 cm from the lens. While it appears very similar to the lower-priced GH600, it's differentiated by a CMOS sensor as against the latter's CCD, a high-speed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) or image processor, Full HD (1080p) recording, and better battery life.
BenQ claims that through the BSI CMOS sensor and DSP, the snapper can eliminate low-light noise to a great extent, thus allowing for clear nighttime shots even without a tripod. The image processor automatically takes several snaps and combines them into a single frame, reportedly giving you more vivid images. The high-speed DSP also enables Continuous Shooting Mode, wherein you can take 10 snaps at 16 mp or 54 shots at 1 mp all at once. Moreover, pressing the shutter halfway down results in five photos being taken before the actual image, so that you can select the best out of them. Alternatively, holding down the shutter button will keep taking pictures until released, with the sharpest among them being chosen automatically.
The BSI sensor also claims to deliver better HDR pictures, by employing the DSP to sharpen foreground and background features after composing an HDR (bracketing) image, to give better results. On the video front, the GH700 allows you to zoom while recording, take a picture while shooting a clip, a function to reduce ambient noise such as wind, and the ability to perform basic editing of videos from right within the camera. The full specifications of the snapper are as follows:
- Sony 16 megapixels, 1/2.3" BSI CMOS sensor.
- Zoom - Optical: 21x, Digital: Up to 5x (Preview), Up to 10x (Playback).
- Focal Length - f = 4.5 (W) - 94.5 (T) mm; F = 3.1 (W) - 5.8 (T) (f = 25 - 525 mm, 35 mm equivalent).
- Focus Range - Normal: W = 50 cm - Infinity, T = 500 cm - Infinity; Macro: W = 2 cm - Infinity, T = 60 cm - Infinity; Super Macro: 1 cm (M) - Infinity.
- 3.0“ LCD screen with 460k pixels.
- Image resolution: 16M, 3:2, 8M, 5M, 3M, 16:9, VGA.
- Movie Mode: FHD 1080p (1920x1080) @ 60 fps, HD 720p (1280x720) @ 60 fps, VGA (640x480) @ 30 fps, QVGA (320x240) @ 240 fps, Continuous recording with sound.
- Shutter Speed - Auto: 1/2000 - 1 sec; Manual Mode: 1/2000 - 15 sec (Fireworks 2 sec).
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Manual.
- Exposure: -2.0 - +2.0 EV (0.3 EV / step).
- ISO: Auto, 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (3M or lower), 6400 (3M or lower).
- Flash: Auto Flash, Auto Anti Red-eye, Force On, Slow Sync, Force Off.
- Drive Mode: 10 sec, 2 sec, Double, Off.
- Power Source: Approx 400 shots on bundled AA alkaline battery, 580 shots on Ni-MH battery, 1000 shots on Li battery.
- Storage: Built-in 85 MB; 4 GB SD \ 32 GB SDHC \ SDXC (> 32 GB) card compatible.
- File Format - Still Image: JPEG (EXIF 2.3), DCF, DPOF; Video: MOV; Audio: WAV; Sound: Stereo.
- Dimensions: 4.4" x 3" x 2.5", 370 g (without battery and SD card).
- Digital Output: USB 2.0 compatible; Audio \ Video Output: ( NTSC \ PAL \ HDMI); PictBridge compatible.
- Accessories: USB cable, Software and UM CD, Quick guide, Lens cover, Neck strap, Non-rechargeable AA batteries, Pouch (optional).
- Available Colour: Black.
The GH700 supports capture Full HD (1080p) movies with stereo sound, as well as the ability to zoom during recording. This feature is avoided by many low-priced cameras because their zoom motors are not really silent, thus introducing a noise in the recording. The same issue may plague this device as well because ultra-silent motors might not be available at this price point. The stylish-looking camera, distinguished by a golden ring around the lens, is available in black and priced at an MRP of Rs 16,000. While currently listed as out of stock in Indian webstores, you can purchase it internationally with free shipping to India for slightly less than Rs 20,000. The video below provides a quick overview of the camera's features. Refer to the gallery at the bottom for high-quality images.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones