Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:18 25th Oct, 2011
ViewPad 7e Goes Official | TechTree.com
ViewPad 7e Goes Official
Is a pocket-friendly tablet running on Gingerbread.
ViewSonic has outed the ViewPad 7e in an already crowded tablet market. The new entrant is based on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) rather than Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). It features a ViewScene 3D UI on top of the stock Android OS. According to the company, its customisation offers a new spin to the experience through a fully configurable, holographic environment. Viewsonic has avoided the mention of Android Market in its website, which implies that it may not have access to it. This isn't a deal-breaker though, as you can still download the apps from Amazon's Appstore.
The device is powered by a 1 GHz ARM A8 CPU and has 512 MB RAM. Its 7" LED-lit LCD has pixel dimensions of 800x600 and contrast a ratio of 500:1. Other bells and whistles include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-HDMI, a microSD card slot, 3 MP rear and 0.3 MP front camera, and a 3300 mAh battery. The tablet measures 7.6" (l) x 5.2" (w) x 0.6" (d) and weighs 450 grammes.
The 7e is expected to go retail in the US by the end of this month, with a price tag of $200 (approx Rs 10,000). However, there's no word on its availability in India as of this writing.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India