Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:18 25th Oct, 2011
ViewPad 7e Goes Official
Is a pocket-friendly tablet running on Gingerbread.
ViewSonic has outed the ViewPad 7e in an already crowded tablet market. The new entrant is based on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) rather than Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). It features a ViewScene 3D UI on top of the stock Android OS. According to the company, its customisation offers a new spin to the experience through a fully configurable, holographic environment. Viewsonic has avoided the mention of Android Market in its website, which implies that it may not have access to it. This isn't a deal-breaker though, as you can still download the apps from Amazon's Appstore.
The device is powered by a 1 GHz ARM A8 CPU and has 512 MB RAM. Its 7" LED-lit LCD has pixel dimensions of 800x600 and contrast a ratio of 500:1. Other bells and whistles include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-HDMI, a microSD card slot, 3 MP rear and 0.3 MP front camera, and a 3300 mAh battery. The tablet measures 7.6" (l) x 5.2" (w) x 0.6" (d) and weighs 450 grammes.
The 7e is expected to go retail in the US by the end of this month, with a price tag of $200 (approx Rs 10,000). However, there's no word on its availability in India as of this writing.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow