Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:33 18th Sep, 2012
Rumour: Pictures Of Sony's First Windows 8 Tablet VAIO Duo 11 Leaked
Appears to feature an 11" touchscreen, slide-out keypad, and stylus support; will probably be announced at IFA 2012.
As Windows 8's release date approaches, news and rumours are pouring in as manufacturers prepare to launch launch tablet-laptop hybrids. In the latest dose of juicy gossip, images of Sony's upcoming Windows 8 tablet, called the VAIO Duo 11, have surfaced on the internet via Pocketnow.com. While the there's no information available as to its specs, going by its name, the slate appears to pack in an 11" touchscreen. From the images, you can tell that the device features a backlit keyboard and is also compatible with a stylus. Moreover, rather than opting for a detachable keyboard accessory, Sony has chosen a slide-out design, with a mechanism that looks identical to what we've already seen on MSI's Slider S20 Ultrabook. The "Duo" in the name probably stands for this dual-use capability of the gadget as both a tablet and a laptop.
As of this writing, there's no indication of the VAIO Duo 11's pricing and availability. However, since the images have surfaced just before IFA 2012, the tablet will probably be unveiled during the event, which starts on Friday.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones