20:06 18th Sep, 2012
Rumour: Samsung Will Launch Galaxy S III Based 16 MP Digital Camera At IFA 2012
ICS-powered point-and-shoot camera said to feature a 4.8" screen and pop-out Xenon flash.
Samsung has already confirmed reports of an upcoming Android 4.0 based GALAXY Player 5.8 PMP to be launched at IFA 2012, and now it's apparently extending the GALAXY brand to cover digital cameras as well. If a tipster on GSMArena.com is to be believed, the GALAXY S III based device will be called the Samsung GALAXY S and will feature a button-free 4.8" Super AMOLED screen at the back. Here is a list of known specs:
- 4.8" Super AMOLED touchscreen.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 16 mp sensor, pop-out Xenon flash, 24x zoom (possibly optical).
- Wi-Fi and 3G + Wi-Fi versions (data only).
- Less than twice as thick as the GS3 (unlikely if the snapper does indeed have 10x optical zoom).
It's become a tradition with Samsung in recent times to launch a completely new product at IFA. During the 2010 edition, Samsung unveiled the GALAXY Tab, followed by the GALAXY Note in 2011. Considering that Android-based snappers already exist, the probability of Samsung coming up with a similar device in the near future seems quite high. The event is just a couple of days away, so we'll find out soon enough. For now though, here is a mock-up image created by GSMArena to get your imagination going.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones