20:37 17th Aug, 2012
Instagram 3.0 Update Adds Photo Maps Feature To iOS And Android Apps | TechTree.com
Instagram 3.0 Update Adds Photo Maps Feature To iOS And Android Apps
Other additions include infinite scrolling of pictures, and a grid-based layout for photos.
Popular photo-sharing app Instagram, which lets you add fun effects to your snaps and share them with friends, will now let them know where the pictures were taken as well. With the new 3.0 update for Android and iOS, users can now geo-tag snaps with their Foursquare check-ins using the Photo Maps feature.
What exactly is a Photo Map, you ask? Instagram explains, "With an Instagram Photo Map you can showcase where you’ve taken your photos, or explore where others have taken photos on a map. Maps take you beyond recently posted photos and let you rediscover previously Instagrammed memories".
Once updated to version 3.0, you will notice the Photo Map tab on your Profile page. You can select photos that have been previously tagged via Foursquare. After that, you can enable or disable this feature as and when you add more pictures, through the Add to your Photo Map option. As described before, you can also add existing pictures to your map using the Edit button.
Other changes in the software include bug fixes and "infinite scrolling", which replaces the Load More button used to view images. Also, pictures are now placed in a grid layout that includes a larger text box for adding captions. View the video below to see how the new feature works. Do you welcome this new addition to Instagram, or do you think it's just another step that intrudes into your privacy? Let us know in the comments.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals