20:37 17th Aug, 2012
Instagram 3.0 Update Adds Photo Maps Feature To iOS And Android Apps
Other additions include infinite scrolling of pictures, and a grid-based layout for photos.
Popular photo-sharing app Instagram, which lets you add fun effects to your snaps and share them with friends, will now let them know where the pictures were taken as well. With the new 3.0 update for Android and iOS, users can now geo-tag snaps with their Foursquare check-ins using the Photo Maps feature.
What exactly is a Photo Map, you ask? Instagram explains, "With an Instagram Photo Map you can showcase where you’ve taken your photos, or explore where others have taken photos on a map. Maps take you beyond recently posted photos and let you rediscover previously Instagrammed memories".
Once updated to version 3.0, you will notice the Photo Map tab on your Profile page. You can select photos that have been previously tagged via Foursquare. After that, you can enable or disable this feature as and when you add more pictures, through the Add to your Photo Map option. As described before, you can also add existing pictures to your map using the Edit button.
Other changes in the software include bug fixes and "infinite scrolling", which replaces the Load More button used to view images. Also, pictures are now placed in a grid layout that includes a larger text box for adding captions. View the video below to see how the new feature works. Do you welcome this new addition to Instagram, or do you think it's just another step that intrudes into your privacy? Let us know in the comments.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers