11:31 20th Oct, 2011
30 Million Samsung Galaxy S And Galaxy SII Sold
Flagship smartphone is still selling like hot cakes around the world.
Samsung has announced that its Galaxy S and Galaxy SII smartphones have achieved combined total sales of 30 million around the world. The Galaxy SII dual-core smartphone has set a new record for the company by selling over 10 million pieces in just five months, quicker than any device in the company's history. The Galaxy S was launched in 2010 and has now reached almost 20 million sales, making it the highest selling mobile device in Samsung's history to date.
A point of contention here is that Samsung rarely makes the distinction between actual sales and channel sales figures. This means that while it may be true that the said number of pieces have left the company warehouse, it is not clear whether all of them have been sold off the shelf. It is therefore better to take this figure with a pinch of salt.
Nevertheless, the figures are impressive until you think about the fact that Apple has just sold 4 million iPhone 4S devices in just three days.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband