Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:42 03rd Jul, 2012
NPD Report: Tablets Will Overtake Laptops In 2016
Meanwhile, Tim Cook performs a victory dance as Dell and HP sulk in the corner.
According to a report published by DisplaySearch, an NPD Group subsidiary, tablets are expected to become highly popular in the coming years. It has claimed that this surge in tablet shipments will help it exceed the number of laptops units moved as early as 2016.
The report predicts that overall shipments of portable computing devices (laptops and tablets) will increase from 347 million units in 2012 to over 809 million units by 2017. Although the picture doesn't look rosy for the laptop market, it will still see a growth from 208 millions units to 393 million units during the same period. However, this is nothing when compared to the phenomenal growth — from 121 million units to 416 million units — projected for tablets.
This doesn't come as a surprise, since most top-level executives (including our bosses at TechTree) are replacing their good old laptops with shiny new iPads. True, the productivity of these tablets is a matter of debate, but then again, do you really expect top management to actually work?
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow