07:01 17th Jun, 2022
First Look of Nothing's Upcoming Debut Smartphone | TechTree.com
First Look of Nothing's Upcoming Debut Smartphone
The latest on this list is Nothing's upcoming smartphone, which is slated to launch on July 12.
Trust Carl Pei to make something out of Nothing. The company he founded after exiting OnePlus a year ago, has already launched a pair of TWS earphones and an operating system that is out for beta testing. However, till date if one were to remove the hype around the company, one would just say "Much Ado About Nothing".
With due apologies to William Shakespeare (for borrowing his play's title) and even more so to Carl Pei, there is no effort on our part to suggest that his venture is comic in any way. But, the hype continues to bring a few smiles and a lot more smirks, each time the company leaks some bit of information about an upcoming product.
The latest on this list is Nothing's upcoming smartphone, which is slated to launch on July 12. Having given us bits and pieces of information, now Carl Pei has unveiled the first look of this device. Make no mistake, for the Nothing Phone 1 looks every inch like something that we have already seen or used from the mushrooming number of handsets in the market.
(Source: Nothing Website)
One must say though that Carl Pei appears to have maintained the form factor across both the products. The transparent elements we saw in the Nothing Earpods One, appears again in the smartphone, though it's hard to tell whether they're real. By the looks of it, the device comes with a dual camera and wireless charging.
There's already information available around the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset with a modified version of Android running the device. The company has shared precious little beyond these though rumors indicate a 6.55-inch OLED display with flat edges that made a comeback on the iPhone last September.
Of course, detractors would be quick to point out that the transparent elements aren't really a novelty as Xiaomi had brought a partially see-through back cover on its Mi 8 Explorer Edition while HTC too did something similar with the Exodus 1 handset. However, it looks like transparency is part of Nothing's overarching design language.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals