10:57 25th Jan, 2022
Flipkart starts grocery deliveries to at least 1,800 cities | TechTree.com
Flipkart starts grocery deliveries to at least 1,800 cities
Flipkart will provide grocery delivery services to a total of 1800 cities in India, including Ajmer, Bhuj, and Amritsar.
Flipkart released a statement claiming that 1800 cities will have access to its grocery delivery service, including Ajmer, Bhuj, Amritsar, Daman & Diu, Bokaro, Dehradun and Kanyakumari, and many more.
With the addition of these cities, Flipkart is now present in a grand total of 23 states. Flipkart’s groceries will now reach over 10,000 pin codes, the company claimed.
Another claim is that Indian consumers will be able to buy over 6000 items, as Flipkart has been investing in the grocery delivery business for two years.
Flipkart has 22 grocery fulfillment centers across India. These fulfillment centers are spread across a total of 25.2 Lakh square feet.
“We are excited to expand our Grocery operations to now service consumers almost all over India. The e-grocery market continues to see increased demand as consumers from tier 2 and 3 markets will get access to high quality selection of staples and household items from reputed brands at great value. We are committed to bringing this shopping experience to consumers all over the country, as we strengthen our selection, invest in FPOs and fresh produce, and scale up our supply chain.” - Smrithi Ravichandran, Vice President – Flipkart Grocery
According to Flipkart, during the Big Billion Days event, customers from 200 new cities/towns made purchases in the Grocery Category for the first time.
Top cities for Flipkart Groceries are Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Lucknow, Bengaluru, Pune and Patna.
Flipkart claims that the Grocery category this year grew by a factor of 2.3 in terms of orders and revenue.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals