16:08 17th Jan, 2022
Coming Soon: Zomato, Uber, Ola, & Swiggy can only use electric vehicles in Delhi | TechTree.com
Coming Soon: Zomato, Uber, Ola, & Swiggy can only use electric vehicles in Delhi
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government announced that all ride aggregators and delivery services must adopt electric vehicles when procuring new fleets.
One of the gravest issues Delhi is a steady rise in air pollution. Which is why the government has announced that all ride aggregators (Ola and Uber) and delivery services (Zomato and Swiggy) must adopt electric vechiles in order to do business.
Making electric vechiles mandatory will certainly help curb the alarming rise in air pollution.
The policy states that ride aggregators and delivery services will need to ensure that 10% of all new two-wheelers and 5% of all new four-wheelers are electric vehicles. This first target must be achieved in the next three months.
By March 2023, 50% of all new two-wheelers and 25% of all new four-wheelers will have to be electric.
Other states may also adopt this policy.
Delhi’s Environment Minister had the following to say, “The government under the leadership of Arvind Kejriwal has been a pioneer in taking measures to combat air pollution; this new policy would be first of its kind and will provide the necessary push to the aggregator industry to become environment friendly.”
The AAP government had the following to say, “In another giant leap towards combating Delhi’s air pollution and achieving net carbon neutrality, the Government of NCT of Delhi under the Environment (Protection) Act 1986, has notified a draft policy on 14th January 2022, to mandate all aggregators and delivery service providers to adopt electric vehicles in their newly onboarded fleets for operations. The policy has been drafted in accordance with the regulations set forth by the Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy 2020. It proposes incentives to ensure the transition to EV amongst the ride-hailing industry happens in a time-bound manner.”
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals