Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:03 25th Jun, 2012
Hathway Becomes Latest ISP To Block ThePirateBay.com
Cites court orders and "directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications" as a reason.
One of the most popular BitTorrent website, ThePirateBay's ship seems to be hitting rough waters everywhere. In India, many ISPs have been targeting this website fot past few months. The latest provider to ban the web portal is Hathway.
Even last month, some Indian providers had banned this torrent site. Though after a recent order from the Madras High Court, ruled that Indian ISPs should not block the entire website for preventing a single content to be shared online, users were expecting a sigh of relief. However, much to their dismay Hathway has blocked ThePirateBay, and offers the following explanation: "This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"
We've confirmed this blockage in Mumbai. If you're facing the same thing anywhere else, let us know through the comments sections.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones