15:00 02nd Dec, 2021
Over 2 million WhatsApp accounts were banned in India in October | TechTree.com
Over 2 million WhatsApp accounts were banned in India in October
About 248 accounts filed a ban appeal to WhatsApp but only 18 accounts were reinstated.
WhatsApp released its monthly report in compliance with the Information Technology Rules, 2021. The new monthly report states that 2,069,000 WhatsApp accounts were banned in October, 2021.
Interestingly enough, the number of banned accounts were far more than the number of appeals, the appeals only being a three digit number.
In addition to responding to and acting on user complaints, WhatsApp also employs tools and resources to limit harmful behaviour.
WhatsApp has claimed that their app is focused on prevention because they believe it is better to stop harmful activity from happening than to detect the harm after it has occurred.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals