13:40 24th Nov, 2021
Smartphone brands are building more and more brick-and-mortar stores in India | TechTree.com
Smartphone brands are building more and more brick-and-mortar stores in India
The pandemic affected the offline strategy of smartphone makers, but now there is a race between big mobile brands to build one physical store after another.
Smartphone brands setting up brick-and-mortar stores is not new in India.
After Samsung created an offline presence, several Chinese phone-makers like Xiaomi, Vivo and Oppo followed suit.
Now Apple is also moving in with its own experience stores in New Delhi and Mumbai.
Why are smartphone brands engaged in a mobile phone war?
Lu Weibing, Xiaomi Groups Vice President, stated last year that Xiaomi wanted every Xiaomi fan to have a ‘home’ around the corner.
Online sales in India during the latest festive season topped $9.2 billion with smartphones accounting for a third of that amount. So why rush to open more offline stores?
Well, one reason is that it’s easier to repair devices if there is a brick-and-mortar around the corner, which will prompt users to visit the shop of their phone brand rather than a third party.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals