09:54 15th Nov, 2021
Garena Free Fire is October’s most downloaded mobile game | TechTree.com
Garena Free Fire is October’s most downloaded mobile game
India, the world's biggest market for mobile gaming, was also the top country for downloads of Garena Free Fire.
Mobile games inspired by Netflix TV series Squid Game flooded the market in October this year, with Cookie Carver, Candy Challenge 3D, and 456 from Abi Game Studio all capturing a spot in the Top 10 Downloads.
But it was Garena Free Fire by Garena that emerged globally as the most downloaded game in October 2021 with 34 million downloads, a 72% increase from October 2020.
Countries with the most downloads - 30% of Garena Free Fire downloads came from India and 12% from Brazil.
The global mobile games market generated 4.5 billion downloads across the App Store and Google Play in October 2021, a 1.3% increase from last year.
The top market for global game downloads is India, which had 762.6 million downloads, or 16.8% of total worldwide downloads. The US ranked number two for downloads at 8.6%, followed by Brazil at 8.3%.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals