09:42 26th Oct, 2021
10 Ways to not fall prey to Online Shopping Scams | TechTree.com
10 Ways to not fall prey to Online Shopping Scams
Here are 10 safety tips to avoid losing money to scamsters online
Online shopping season really takes off after Diwali sales pop up, by the likes of Amazon and Flipkart. But be careful not to lose your money to cybercriminals. Cybercriminals often target people doing online shopping through WhatsApp, Facebook, and other apps. If you’re clicking on an Amazon, Flipkart, or ShopClues link for certain products, be on the lookout for deals that are too good to be true. If there are massive cuts in prices and unlimited freebies, avoid, avoid, avoid!
Here are 10 tips to stay safe during this Diwali Season
1. Only shop online if the URL starts with https:// ('s' means secure)
2. Verify security status by hovering your mouse over the lock symbol in the URL
3. Only shop on websites of reputable brands like Flipkart, Amazon, Pepperfry, ShopClues, etc
4. Your anti-virus software and firewall must be up to date.
5. Do not give in to anyone who asks for your personal data
6. Never download an app if a stranger tells you to.
7. Never click on links sent to you by strangers
8. Regularly change your account password
9. Never share secret banking information on WhatsApp or Facebook, even with people you know.
10. If a deal sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Remember, there’s no such thing as a free lunch.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals