14:13 12th Jul, 2021
Lenovo announces its Smart Learning Solution ‘Lenovo Aware’ to provide users with superior remote learning experience | TechTree.com
Lenovo announces its Smart Learning Solution ‘Lenovo Aware’ to provide users with superior remote learning experience
The software helps consumers take control of their own digital wellness and better track an at-home student’s engagement It comes pre-bundled within Lenovo Vantage on IdeaPad Slim 3i and IdeaPad Slim 5i
Lenovo, the global technology leader, today announced its ‘Lenovo Aware’ smart learning solution for consumers, which will come pre-bundled with the latest generation of IdeaPad Slim 3i and IdeaPad Slim 5i laptops. Lenovo Aware software aims to support a superior remote learning experience by addressing a few of the digital challenges brought to light this past year during lockdown, such as how to keep young students focused and motivated while engaged in online classes and improve their digital well-being.
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the education sector, by enforcing social distancing and implementing online methods of teaching and evaluation. Lenovo conducted a survey on virtual education which revealed the main challenges parents face:
- Doubts regarding effectiveness of online learning
- Constant monitoring required for kids
- Excess use of Laptops leading to excessive screen time and body posture issues
Lenovo Aware addresses these issues by using the PC’s built-in camera to detect a person’s body language and eye contact with the device. The software can be activated within Lenovo Vantage and all the features have to be manually activated by opting in through the settings in Lenovo Aware. The software reminds the user to sit back from the screen, straighten up their posture, take a break from the screen to rest their eyes, with the help of pop up notifications and audio alerts.
Some of the key features of the software include:
- Break Reminder: Automatically remind the user to take breaks according to the computer usage time settings the user sets.
- Distance Reminder: Detect the distance between the user's face and the PC screen to prevent the distance from being too close to affect eyesight.
- Posture Reminder: Detect whether the user is sitting correctly and alert the user when there is consistent incorrect sitting posture for a period of time.
- Attention Function: This is mainly aimed at children to determine whether they are currently in a state of concentration.
Dinesh Nair, Head of Consumer Business, Lenovo India said, “Lenovo has been committed to education with the help of smarter technology and its been making strides through new hardware, software solutions, CSR outreach and much more over the years for our customers. After the onset of the pandemic, the need for infrastructure for remote learning significantly increased. In a Learn From Home setting, we understand the need for solutions that ensure that students stay focused and motivated while maintaining their digital wellbeing and also provide parents ease of mind. Our ‘Lenovo Aware’ software is built to help provide parents and guardians with insights into their child’s online engagement, class productivity and digital well-being to help them track wins and areas of improvement.”
Lenovo Aware software provides flexible setting options to meet user-defined needs. This includes different modes for students and general users, with different strictness settings, reminder sensitivity and thresholds, among others. The software also encourages children and facilitates interactions with parents with the help of a Score System that generates easy-to-understand reports, showing cumulative benchmarks of a child’s average PC usage, providing parents and guardians with insights into their child’s online engagement, class productivity and digital well-being to help them track wins and areas of improvement.
You can view these heart-warming commercials here:
- Distance Reminder: https://youtu.be/dwMpK7zkBsI
- Attention Reminder: https://youtu.be/eK0OchTKZOQ
- Smart Noise Cancelling: https://youtu.be/avTXdtE-DgQ
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$60 billion revenue, Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that power (through devices and infrastructure) and empower (through solutions, services and software) millions of customers every day and together create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere. To find out more visit https://www.lenovo.com and read about the latest news via our StoryHub.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance