14:00 01st Apr, 2020
iPhone 9 to launch on April 15th, suggests new leak | TechTree.com
iPhone 9 to launch on April 15th, suggests new leak
The iPhone 9 will be the most affordable iPhone in Apple’s product line in a while
For more than a year, there have been murmurs about Apple working on a sequel of the petite iPhone SE to launch soon. The idea was ridiculed initially as a baseless rumour by some and hailed by some. However, those murmurs have turned into a strong possibility only this year and a launch of the new iPhone SE 2 or iPhone 9 (or whatever it is called) is now expectedly close. As per leaked information obtained by Jon Prosser of Front Page Tech (YouTube), the iPhone 9 will be formally announced on April 15 and will shipments will start on April 22.
This new piece of information comes as a bit of surprise because a recent report suggested the the phone being delayed indefinitely because of the COVID-19 outbreak. The source here doesn’t specify if Apple will hold an online launch event or just issue a formal press release, however, he does state that these dates are tentative and subject to change give the current circumstances of the pandemic. Prosser does have a decent record of leaks so we wouldn’t completely ridicule this new information, however, we would rather take it with a pinch of salt.
Coming to the iPhone 9 itself, the handset is expected to be the people’s iPhone starting at an affordable price of $349 or $399. Two sizes are rumoured to be in the works. The more affordable one is supposed to be a mini 4.7-inch screen handset while the bigger one (the iPhone 9 Plus) allegedly has a 5.5-inch display. As far as design is concerned, it could be a close replica of the iPhone 8 which will be displaced by this new series. Needless to say, Apple could still change its mind and delay the launch further but we’ll find out the reality in just a few days, so stay tuned.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals