13:42 31st Mar, 2020
OnePlus 8 series to go official on April 14th in India, April 16th in China | TechTree.com
OnePlus 8 series to go official on April 14th in India, April 16th in China
Seems like a bold move as the launch couldn’t be delayed any further
OnePlus has finally announced a launch date for its highly-anticipated OnePlus 8 series yesterday. The launch will take place on April 14th and will be online-only. The announcement comes after CEO Pete Lau tweeted about the difficult COVID-19 situation which resulted in multiple delays of the launch before the date was finalised. Moreover, the China launch date of the series was also announced early morning today. It takes place a couple of days later on April 16th. With the official launch date, the official promotional campaign also kicks off and OnePlus is leading it with a new #LeapwithSpeed tagline.
The India launch which will be broadcast globally on YouTube live at 8:30 PM IST on April 14th. The announcement comes right on the heels of a leak that revealed the press renders of the OnePlus 8 and the colour options. OnePlus is very well the only Android smartphone OEM that resorts to just a couple of launches each year and that is also part of the reason why its launchest attract a lot of eyeballs.
Global turmoil aside, this is the most promising OnePlus series that we expect will be a true flagship capable of taking on the likes of the Galaxy S20+, in terms of hardware power especially. For starters, OnePlus is bringing wireless charging and official water-resistance features absent on previous phones. That’s not all, the camera aspect also seems pretty formidable, at least on paper for the Pro model, as far as leaks are concerned. OnePlus has employed the Sony IMX 689 sensor which graces the Find X2 Pro and is known for its top-notch photo-shooting prowess. In terms of design, OnePlus has ditched the pop-up camera module in favour of the hole-punch design while the curved AMOLED screen legacy continues intact for a second year. OnePlus is also likely to announce TWS earbuds at the same event to take place in two weeks time from now.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals