13:42 31st Mar, 2020
OnePlus 8 series to go official on April 14th in India, April 16th in China
Seems like a bold move as the launch couldn’t be delayed any further
OnePlus has finally announced a launch date for its highly-anticipated OnePlus 8 series yesterday. The launch will take place on April 14th and will be online-only. The announcement comes after CEO Pete Lau tweeted about the difficult COVID-19 situation which resulted in multiple delays of the launch before the date was finalised. Moreover, the China launch date of the series was also announced early morning today. It takes place a couple of days later on April 16th. With the official launch date, the official promotional campaign also kicks off and OnePlus is leading it with a new #LeapwithSpeed tagline.
The India launch which will be broadcast globally on YouTube live at 8:30 PM IST on April 14th. The announcement comes right on the heels of a leak that revealed the press renders of the OnePlus 8 and the colour options. OnePlus is very well the only Android smartphone OEM that resorts to just a couple of launches each year and that is also part of the reason why its launchest attract a lot of eyeballs.
Global turmoil aside, this is the most promising OnePlus series that we expect will be a true flagship capable of taking on the likes of the Galaxy S20+, in terms of hardware power especially. For starters, OnePlus is bringing wireless charging and official water-resistance features absent on previous phones. That’s not all, the camera aspect also seems pretty formidable, at least on paper for the Pro model, as far as leaks are concerned. OnePlus has employed the Sony IMX 689 sensor which graces the Find X2 Pro and is known for its top-notch photo-shooting prowess. In terms of design, OnePlus has ditched the pop-up camera module in favour of the hole-punch design while the curved AMOLED screen legacy continues intact for a second year. OnePlus is also likely to announce TWS earbuds at the same event to take place in two weeks time from now.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance