13:03 30th Mar, 2020
OnePlus 8 Series Launch Date to be Announced Next Week
Looks like the company is all set to launch the smartphone in the third week of April in their home territory
When you start seeing official press renders of a product leak and pop up everywhere across the Interwebs, you know that a launch is not far away. That’s exactly what happened with the OnePlus 8 series over the weekend.
Detailed press renders of the OnePlus 8 in its various colour options were shared on social media along with a bunch of previously-missing information on its spec-sheet. However, this means that the launch of the popular series is now closer than ever. Fortunately, we think we not only know when but where. The OnePlus 8 is likely to launch right in the third week of April in China.
This new information has been hinted by OnePlus CEO Pete Lau on his Chinese social media account today. The top official said that a surprise is coming next week and that the launch date of the series will be revealed soon. That pretty much confirms the series launch by the end of this month.
The only other question is when exactly? We think it could be anywhere in the third half of April. Lau also put out a post on Twitter today talking about the COVID-19 situation and the many delays the OnePlus team has had to deal with in launching the series. However, it can no longer be pushed back anymore, hence the brand is going ahead for the launch. We expect an online-only event for the rest of the world while China could have a physical stage event with media gathering.
Apart from the launch date, there’s much more new information that has developed in the past couple of days that we mention below. As the new renders suggest, the plain OnePlus 8 will get a new Interstellar Glow gradient shade apart from a Glacial Green and Black Onyx. Moreover, the Pro model could get a Sony IMX689 sensor (f/1.78) as a primary sensor which would be a formidable addition to bolster the phone towards outstanding camera performance.
As you already know, this is also the driving camera lens for the Find X2 Pro which says a lot about the caliber of the hardware that OnePlus is bringing to its userbase. The second 48MP sensor is tipped to be an IMX586 sensor which has been seen on previous OnePlus flagships.
As per the tip shared by Ishan Agarwal, there’s an 8MP telephoto lens (f/2.44) offering 3x optical zoom, along with 30x digital zoom (first ever on a OnePlus phone) and a 5MP colour filter. Stay tuned as we expect to see new official teasers and promo material to pop up online very soon.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance