17:15 16th Mar, 2019
Vivo's V15 To Offer A Motorised Pop-Out Camera Under Rs 25,000
The watered-down Vivo V15 Pro chooses an affordable LCD over OLED display.
The Vivo V15 Pro went on sale in India and became quite a benchmark in its category owing to its non-intrusive AMOLED display and an innovative pop-out selfie snapper. It was also the first in India to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor with other major highlights being an In-display fingerprint sensor and a triple camera setup at the rear consisting of a 48-megapixel primary camera. All this for a price tag of Rs 29,000. But since the Indian market is very price sensitive, Vivo is launching a stripped down version of the same called as the Vivo V15. It will be priced around Rs 24,000.
The Vivo V15 inherits the same design and build from its sibling. However, it swaps an OLED screen with a more affordable LCD. The In-display sensor is also replaced by a humble physical one mounted at the rear of the device. It is powered by a Helio P70 SoC (System on Chip) which is built on a power efficient 12nm process. It is equipped by 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256 GB via the microSD card slot.
Although it retains the 32-megapixel selfie sensor from the Pro version, the rear optics gets a major revision. It gets a 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture primary sensor accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. The cameras get AI (Artificial Intelligence) scene detection, HDR mode, Panorama etc. The Vivo V15 runs on Funtouch OS 9 on top of Android 9.0 Pie and is powered by a massive 4,000 mAh battery under its hood.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow