00:42 26th Feb, 2019
Samsung's Galaxy A50 Comes With An Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
The mid-range smartphone features an OLED screen and is powered by Exynos 9610 chipset.
Samsung announced its mid-range smartphone the Galaxy A50 today. It will bring some features from the Galaxy S series of smartphones at a budget price. It will come with a premium looking 3D curved "Glasstic" build and a vertically stacked triple-lens camera setup at the rear. This smartphones comes with an ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint sensor. It sports a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with an Infinity-U notch at the top just like its sibling the Galaxy A30.
The Galaxy A50 will be powered with an all new Exynos 9610 octa-core chipset. It is built on the 10 nm process and in terms of performance it will be on par with the Snapdragon 660 powered handsets in the market. It will come equipped with up to 6 GB of RAM and up to 128 GB of internal storage.
Diving into the camera specifications, it comes with a triple-camera setup comprising of a 25-megapixel sensor, 5-megapixel depth sensor and an 8-megapixel Ultra wide-angle sensor. For selfie aficionados there is a 25-megapixel selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture. Given the firepower of the device it should be able to record videos in 4K @ 30 fps and might also come with 480 fps slo-mo video recording.
It comes loaded with features like Samsung Pay, Bixby voice assistant, Bixby Vision and Bixby reminder. Other features include Dual 4G VoLTE, microSD up to 512 GB, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, GPS+GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, Type-C USB etc. The Galaxy A50 is powered by a 4000 mAH battery which comes with Fast Charging tech. It runs on Samsung One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. For pricing and availibility details, you will have to wait for a week or two.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance