21:42 30th Jan, 2019
Xiaomi Introduces Entry-Level Redmi Go With Android Oreo 8.1
The budget smartphone sports a 5-inch HD screen and a modest Snapdragon 425 processor.
Xiaomi’s first Android Go based smartphone finally hits the stores in Europe and Philippines this February. It runs on Android Oreo 8.1 based on Go edition, which is essentially a lighter, optimised Android tuned to run on lower spec'd smartphones. It is priced at just 80 euros, which roughly translates to Rs 5,700.
What you get at this price is a polycarbonate build smartphone with a decent 5-inch HD LCD display at the front. No notches or pop out cameras available as it comes with thick bezels at the top and bottom of the display. The Redmi Go is powered by a quad core Snapdragon 425 SoC (System on Chip) clocked at 1.4 GHz. It comes equipped with 1 GB of RAM coupled with either 8 GB / 16 GB storage options. The memory could be extended further via the microSD card slot. On the camera front, it employs an 8-megapixel sensor at the rear with LED flash support. There is a 5-megapixel sensor at the front to capture selfies.
The Redmi Go comes with Dual-Sim support, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro-USB port, 3.5mm audio jack. It is powered by a 3,000 mAh battery under its hood which should take it through for more than 2 days on a single charge.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband