21:42 30th Jan, 2019
Xiaomi Introduces Entry-Level Redmi Go With Android Oreo 8.1
The budget smartphone sports a 5-inch HD screen and a modest Snapdragon 425 processor.
Xiaomi’s first Android Go based smartphone finally hits the stores in Europe and Philippines this February. It runs on Android Oreo 8.1 based on Go edition, which is essentially a lighter, optimised Android tuned to run on lower spec'd smartphones. It is priced at just 80 euros, which roughly translates to Rs 5,700.
What you get at this price is a polycarbonate build smartphone with a decent 5-inch HD LCD display at the front. No notches or pop out cameras available as it comes with thick bezels at the top and bottom of the display. The Redmi Go is powered by a quad core Snapdragon 425 SoC (System on Chip) clocked at 1.4 GHz. It comes equipped with 1 GB of RAM coupled with either 8 GB / 16 GB storage options. The memory could be extended further via the microSD card slot. On the camera front, it employs an 8-megapixel sensor at the rear with LED flash support. There is a 5-megapixel sensor at the front to capture selfies.
The Redmi Go comes with Dual-Sim support, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro-USB port, 3.5mm audio jack. It is powered by a 3,000 mAh battery under its hood which should take it through for more than 2 days on a single charge.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance