18:53 09th Jan, 2019
Huawei Challenges The Mi Play With Honor Play 8A | TechTree.com
Huawei Challenges The Mi Play With Honor Play 8A
The phone is expected to cost under Rs 10,000 in India.
Huawei's subsidiary brand Honor is off to churning out phones in the new year. Its latest Play 8A, takes on Xiaomi Redmi line-up. In China, the phone is agressively priced at 799 Yuan (Rs 8,000 approx.), to undercut its rival Mi Play pegged at 1099 Yuan (Rs 11,000 approx.). It is bound to go on sale in China from January 9 and comes in Black, Blue, Red, and Gold
The Honor Play 8A sports a 6-inch HD+ 2.5D curved display with the trending waterdrop style notch at the top of the display. It is powered by the same chipset as the Xiaomi, an octacore Mediatek Helio P35 chipset which is built on a 12nm process. The graphical processes are handled by the PowerVR GE8320 GPU. It is equipped by 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB/ 64 GB of internal storage. The storage can be extended further by up to 512 GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
On the photography front, it comes with a single rear 13-megapixel sensor with f/1.8 aperture accompanied by a LED flash. it supports HDR, Panorama, and 1080p Full HD video recording features. The selfie camera is an 8-megapixel f/2.0 aperture sensor which sits in the teardrop notch at the front. As the device skips the fingerprint sensor, the front selfie shooter does the job of face unlocking the device.
Other notable features include Dual 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS + GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack etc. It is powered by a non-removable 3020 mAh battery and the device runs on EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals