18:53 09th Jan, 2019
Huawei Challenges The Mi Play With Honor Play 8A
The phone is expected to cost under Rs 10,000 in India.
Huawei's subsidiary brand Honor is off to churning out phones in the new year. Its latest Play 8A, takes on Xiaomi Redmi line-up. In China, the phone is agressively priced at 799 Yuan (Rs 8,000 approx.), to undercut its rival Mi Play pegged at 1099 Yuan (Rs 11,000 approx.). It is bound to go on sale in China from January 9 and comes in Black, Blue, Red, and Gold
The Honor Play 8A sports a 6-inch HD+ 2.5D curved display with the trending waterdrop style notch at the top of the display. It is powered by the same chipset as the Xiaomi, an octacore Mediatek Helio P35 chipset which is built on a 12nm process. The graphical processes are handled by the PowerVR GE8320 GPU. It is equipped by 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB/ 64 GB of internal storage. The storage can be extended further by up to 512 GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
On the photography front, it comes with a single rear 13-megapixel sensor with f/1.8 aperture accompanied by a LED flash. it supports HDR, Panorama, and 1080p Full HD video recording features. The selfie camera is an 8-megapixel f/2.0 aperture sensor which sits in the teardrop notch at the front. As the device skips the fingerprint sensor, the front selfie shooter does the job of face unlocking the device.
Other notable features include Dual 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS + GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack etc. It is powered by a non-removable 3020 mAh battery and the device runs on EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones