21:48 30th Jan, 2019
Vivo Y93 Offers A Waterdrop Notch Design For Rs 14,000 | TechTree.com
Vivo Y93 Offers A Waterdrop Notch Design For Rs 14,000
The feature-packed mobile offers premium design on a budget.
Vivo has launched a mid-range smartphone in India called Vivo Y93 in India. It goes head-on against the likes of Honor 8x, Realme 2 Pro, Redmi Note 6 Pro, and Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. While these smartphones are likely to crush the Vivo Y93 in terms of paper specifications, they are only available for purchase via online channels. The Vivo Y93 bets big on the brick-and-mortar shops that still account for strong 60% of the total sales. The presence of its authorised retails stores coupled with aggressive marketing, Vivo has an upper hand in conventional shops.
The Vivo Y93 comes with a 6.2-inch HD+ LCD Halo FullView display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. It has a waterdrop style notch at the top a very slim bottom chin bezel, which resembles to that of the OnePlus 6T. The rear of the phone is made of polycarbonate infused with gradient finish. The fingerprint sensor is placed at the rear. Diving into the specifications, the Vivo Y93 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor. It is equipped by 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory which is expandable via a microSD card.
The camera department is handled by a dual camera setup at the rear which comprises of a 13-megapixel primary sensor with f/2.2 aperture and a secondary 2-megapixel sensor with f/2.4 aperture for capturing depth information. The cameras also get AI Scene Recognition and PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus). The selfie camera is an 8-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and gets features such as Face Wake, AI mode, Portrait shots, and AR stickers.
Other noteworthy features of the phone include microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth v4.2, USB OTG, Wi-FI direct, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM and the necessary Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass sensors. The handset runs on Funtouch OS 4.5 on top of Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box. It comes packed in with a massive 4030 mAh battery underneath its hood which could keep the device running for up to 2 days on a single charge.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals