21:48 30th Jan, 2019
Huawei's Gaming Phone Honor Play Gets A Price Cut | TechTree.com
Huawei's Gaming Phone Honor Play Gets A Price Cut
The Xiaomi Poco F1 competitor now retails for Rs 17,000.
Christmas is here and so are the discounts on smartphones. One of the most popular handsets to get an offer is Huawei's gaming phone Honor Play. Launched earlier this year, the Honor Play was already aggressively priced at Rs 20,000. For that price you get Huawei's flagship Kirin 970 SoC, 4 GB RAM, and 64 GB internal storage. The phone provides excellent gaming experience without breaking a bank. What's more, the deal has got a whole lot sweeter as the phone is now available for Rs 17,000.
Let’s shed some light on what makes the Honor Play a great purchase at this price and why people looking for something around Rs 15,000 should extend budget a bit. The Honor Play comes with a 6.3-inch IPS Full HD+ display with a notch at the top. It comes with a metal unibody with thickness of 7.4 mm. Underneath its hood, you get Huawei's own Kirin 970 chip that powers most of Huawei's high-end P20 Pro. The phone comes with 7.1 channel audio support coupled with Histen audio and 4D shock gaming features.
On the photography front, the phone offers a 16-megapixel selfie camera. The rear gets a vertically stacked dual 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel sensors which support AI scene recognition and come with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). Other features include Type-C USB, Dual band Wi-Fi, Dual 4G VoLTE support and a fingerprint sensor at the back.
The handset runs on EMUI 8.2 on top of Android Oreo 8.1 out-of-the-box. The phone packs in a 3750 mAh battery equipped with Fast Charging technology for those uninterrupted gaming sessions.
The Honor Play is available in limited quantities Amazon India till January 2. It comes in Blue, Violet, and Black. On a related note, Honor Play is also comes in 6 GB RAM variant for Rs 21,000.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals