17:31 05th Oct, 2018
HMD Unveils Nokia 7.1 With An HDR Enabled Screen | TechTree.com
HMD Unveils Nokia 7.1 With An HDR Enabled Screen
The mid-range phone also features a premium build quality.
HMD Global has unviled the Nokia 7.1 smartphone. This budget handset offers premuim built at mid-range price. The company claims that the phone is sturdy due to the use of CNC machined frame and die cast metal centre. Then, there are some nice touches such as the highlighted aluminium diamond cut edges.
Another high point is the Nokia 7.1's Full HD+ 5.8-inch IPS screen. The display has a notch and tall aspect ratio of 19:9 screen ratio. It also comes with the HDR moniker. It is compatible with HDR content on YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. HMD claims that the display offers 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. But don't get your hopes too high, as dynamic contrast is not the ideal way to judge a display. Native contrast gives you a better idea about the screen quality, but HMD is not revealing those numbers.
The Nokia 7.1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset. Phone comes in 3 GB and 4 GB RAM variants. Based on the model, you get 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage.
The handset comes with Zeiss optics. At the rear, you get a 12 MP + 5 MP camera setup. It lets you lay around with bokeh and portrait shot modes. For video stabilisation, it uses EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). The new camera UI gives you control of white balance, ISO, aperture and shutter speed using the Pro Camera Mode.
The Nokia 7.1 runs Android Android 8.1. According to HMD, the phone will soon receive the Android 9 update.
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel. The 3 GB variant will be priced at 319 euros (approx. Rs 27,000). For 4 GB model, you will have to shell out 349 euros (Rs 29,600).
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals