17:31 05th Oct, 2018
HMD Unveils Nokia 7.1 With An HDR Enabled Screen
The mid-range phone also features a premium build quality.
HMD Global has unviled the Nokia 7.1 smartphone. This budget handset offers premuim built at mid-range price. The company claims that the phone is sturdy due to the use of CNC machined frame and die cast metal centre. Then, there are some nice touches such as the highlighted aluminium diamond cut edges.
Another high point is the Nokia 7.1's Full HD+ 5.8-inch IPS screen. The display has a notch and tall aspect ratio of 19:9 screen ratio. It also comes with the HDR moniker. It is compatible with HDR content on YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. HMD claims that the display offers 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. But don't get your hopes too high, as dynamic contrast is not the ideal way to judge a display. Native contrast gives you a better idea about the screen quality, but HMD is not revealing those numbers.
The Nokia 7.1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset. Phone comes in 3 GB and 4 GB RAM variants. Based on the model, you get 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage.
The handset comes with Zeiss optics. At the rear, you get a 12 MP + 5 MP camera setup. It lets you lay around with bokeh and portrait shot modes. For video stabilisation, it uses EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). The new camera UI gives you control of white balance, ISO, aperture and shutter speed using the Pro Camera Mode.
The Nokia 7.1 runs Android Android 8.1. According to HMD, the phone will soon receive the Android 9 update.
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel. The 3 GB variant will be priced at 319 euros (approx. Rs 27,000). For 4 GB model, you will have to shell out 349 euros (Rs 29,600).
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers