17:31 05th Oct, 2018
HMD Unveils Nokia 7.1 With An HDR Enabled Screen
The mid-range phone also features a premium build quality.
HMD Global has unviled the Nokia 7.1 smartphone. This budget handset offers premuim built at mid-range price. The company claims that the phone is sturdy due to the use of CNC machined frame and die cast metal centre. Then, there are some nice touches such as the highlighted aluminium diamond cut edges.
Another high point is the Nokia 7.1's Full HD+ 5.8-inch IPS screen. The display has a notch and tall aspect ratio of 19:9 screen ratio. It also comes with the HDR moniker. It is compatible with HDR content on YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. HMD claims that the display offers 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. But don't get your hopes too high, as dynamic contrast is not the ideal way to judge a display. Native contrast gives you a better idea about the screen quality, but HMD is not revealing those numbers.
The Nokia 7.1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset. Phone comes in 3 GB and 4 GB RAM variants. Based on the model, you get 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage.
The handset comes with Zeiss optics. At the rear, you get a 12 MP + 5 MP camera setup. It lets you lay around with bokeh and portrait shot modes. For video stabilisation, it uses EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation). The new camera UI gives you control of white balance, ISO, aperture and shutter speed using the Pro Camera Mode.
The Nokia 7.1 runs Android Android 8.1. According to HMD, the phone will soon receive the Android 9 update.
The Nokia 7.1 comes in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel. The 3 GB variant will be priced at 319 euros (approx. Rs 27,000). For 4 GB model, you will have to shell out 349 euros (Rs 29,600).
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week