04:57 03rd Sep, 2018
IFA 2018: Sony Showcases Flagship Xperia XZ3
The Android 9 based phone features a features an OLED screen.
Sony's mobile division hasn't been doing well. However, the Japanese company dosn't seem to give up on its smartphone aspirations, at least for now. Recently, it showcased it new flagship phone the Xperia XZ3 at IFA 2018.
It is the first handse from Sony to flaunt an OLED screen. You get a 6-inch QHD+ screen with 18:9 aspect ratio. Sony has thrown in TRILUMINOS and X-Reality buzzwords in the mix, but the screen is likely to be sourced from LG. The same brand that provides panels for Sony's high-end Bravia TV lineup.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm's latest and greatest Snapdragon 845 chip. It has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. You also get a microSD card slot.
In the photography department, you get a 19 MP rear camera. It comes with 5-axis image stabilisation. Another highlight is slow mo video recording at whopping 960 fps. It does miss out on the dual camera setup though.
The handset is water and dust resistant. The 3300 mAh battery supports Quick Charge 3. The Xperia XZ3 will be among the first wave of devices based on Android 9. It will be available in select markets globally from end of September 2018.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance