04:16 03rd Sep, 2018
IFA 2018: Sony Unveils FES Watch U
The smartwatch is based on an e-paper display.
Sony made its presence felt at IFA 2018. In the wearables category, the Japanese brand announced the FES Watch U. The watch utilises e-paper technology for better customisation and battery life.
The company has slapped the flexible e-paper display on both the screen and strap. So, you apply a new theme, the entire watch changes its look. It comes with a range of over 100 different pre-loaded designs. The only catch here is that it is all in grey. So, you can't really match the colour of your clothes.
The FES Watch U has a narrow frame with a stainless-steel case and buckle. Inside this frame is the single piece of e-Paper.
This fashion accessory will be available in silver with mineral glass as well as in premium black with sapphire glass with anti-reflection coating and titanium ion-plating for high scratch resistance.
The FES watch U is Android and iOS compatible, has a rechargeable, long-lasting battery and has a IPX5/7 rating for water resistance.
The FES Watch U is currently available in Japan and China. It will reach the European shores in September with a starting price of approximately £529.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance