10:59 24th Aug, 2018
Airtel Teams Up With Nodwin To Bring PVP eSports Championship To India | TechTree.com
Airtel Teams Up With Nodwin To Bring PVP eSports Championship To India
Gaming enthusiasts can register via PVP esports website starting August 23 to August 30, 2018.
Bharti Airtel opened up registrations for the India leg of one of the biggest e-sports championships in the world, PVP eSports Championship 2018. Airtel has joined hands with Nodwin Gaming to organize the India qualifiers.
Gaming enthusiasts can register via PVP esports website starting August 23 to August 30, 2018. The India leg of the tournament will kick-start from August 31, where the registered participants will compete in the games, Arena of Valor and Dota 2.
With a prize payout of $300,000, the PVP eSports Championship will bring together seasoned e-sports gamers from India and across the globe for this championship. The event in India will be spread over 2 weeks and culminate in the selection of 2 teams (1 Dota & 1 AOV) that will go on to compete for finals in Singapore starting October 2, 2018.
Sameer Batra, CEO-Content & Apps, Bharti Airtel said, “Youth in India, much like their counterparts across the world, are seeking new avenues of entertainment and e-sports as a category is seeing great response from gaming enthusiasts in India. It gives us great pleasure to bring PVP eSports Championship 2018 to India that will offer e-sports gamers a platform to compete with their experienced counterparts at a global level.”
Akshat Rathee, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Nodwin Gaming said, “The announcement of PVP Esports Championship presents a new opportunity for the Indian gamers. This tournament also provides the participants a perfect competitive platform to test their skills against the best in the region."
Nodwin Gaming has played a pivotal role in developing the esports scene in the country. The Company has been instrumental in popularising competitive gaming in the country through its exclusive license partnerships with ESL and ESWC and runs other marquee esports IPs such as the Mountain Dew Arena, The CII India Gaming Show among others. In January 2018, Nazara Technologies Ltd. picked up a 55% stake in NODWIN Gaming.
Mobile gaming is gaining ground fast in India, especially given the growing penetration of smartphones in India. With an expansive broadband and mobile network, Airtel is the foremost enabler of the robust digital ecosystem needed to fulfil the market demand and provide newer exciting opportunities to the millennials.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals