Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:48 10th Aug, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Stays Clear Of The “Notch” Design Madness
The phone packs in serious firepower, dual cameras, and improved S pen.
The Korean giant has added a new member to its popular flagship Note series. Dubbed the Note 9, the smartphone crammed with features. For starters, you get a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with Quad HD+ resolution. Apart from offering vibrant colours, the display stands out due to its lack of side bezels. Samsung has also managed to achieve incredibly thin bezels on the top and bottom. Like its predecessor, the handset features an all glass and metal design. It is also water and dust resistant.
The Note 9 comes with the iconic S Pen. It now has Bluetooth connectivity. Business executives can use the S Pen as a wireless controller for presentations. You can also use it as a handheld shutter to click pictures on the Note 9.
The Indian variant is likely to be powered by Samsung's Exynos 9 Series 9810 chipset. International version will get Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 SoC (System on Chip). The phone will be available in 6 GB and 8 GB RAM options. The base model will offer 128 GB internal storage, while the latter will boast of 512 GB storage. In addition to this, the phone will offer microSD card slot. Since it is an hybrid slot, you can give up the microSD card slot for a secondary SIM.
The device offers a dual camera setup at the rear. It comprises of two 12 MP sensors. One is a RGB sensor while the other one is a telephoto lens for zoom and depth information. It can record super slow-motion videos at 960 fps. For selfies, the phone is equipped with an 8 MP auto focus snapper.
The latest Note series handset packs in a 4000 mAh battery with fast charging tech. In the US, the Galaxy Note 9 with 6 GB RAM is priced at $1000 (approx. Rs 69,000). For the 8 GB model, you will have to shell out $1250 (approx. Rs 86,000). The phone is set to launch on August 24 in the US.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week