Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:20 24th Dec, 2017
OnePlus May 'Face' Court Over Face Unlock Feature | TechTree.com
OnePlus May 'Face' Court Over Face Unlock Feature
American company SensibleVision claims that OnePlus infringes on its patents.
OnePlus 5T is one of the first few Android smartphones to get the face recognition technology right. Unlike the Note 8, this handset cannot be easily fooled when it comes to security. Unfortunately, for OnePlus, this very technology could land it in a legal trouble. A Florida-based company SensibleVision claims that OnePlus might be using some of its patented technologies.
The iPhone X's Face ID tech is powered by infrared camera, dot projector, flood illuminator, and ambient light sensor. On the other hand, the OnePlus 5T pulls off similar results by using nothing more than a front-facing camera backed by clever algorithms. It makes up for the lack of complex sensors by using its display as means of illumination.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance