17:03 27th Sep, 2017
Google Celebrates 19th Anniversary With 19 Iconic Games
Users visiting the Google homepage today will find a 19th anniversary Doodle graphics that lets users spin a wheel for more games.
Google is celebrating its 19th Anniversary has come up with a surprise Doodle spinner that brings back 19 Doodle games from the past.
The company wrote in a blog: "They say life is full of surprises, and Google’s history is chock-full of them. In fact, we wouldn’t be here without them. In 1997, Larry Page, had just arrived at Stanford University to pursue his Ph.D in computer science. Of all the students on campus, Google’s other co-founder, Sergey Brin, was randomly assigned to show Page around..."
From there, the two begin their mission to organize a seemingly infinite amount of information on the web giving birth to what we known as ‘Google’. Google.com was registered as a domain on September 15th 1997. The name, a play on the word “googol,” a mathematical term for the number represented by the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros. Google since then has seen tremendous growth and expansion touching lives of millions of users around the world.
With over 70 offices in more than 40 global locations, including India, the Mountain View, California-company grew substantially in its size and reputation - its innovation subsequently becomes a part of daily life including Android phones, Google Maps, Google Earth, as well as in business with its mail, mobile devices and analytics solutions.
Users visiting the Google homepage today will find a 19th anniversary Doodle graphics that lets users spin a wheel. When the user stops, the wheel will, redirect the user in turn to a new page that will enable them to play a mini doddle game, including bug cricket, animal sounds, Solitaire and even the ‘Snake’ game.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week