Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:43 27th Sep, 2017
Nokia 8 Lands In India For Rs 36,999
With competitive pricing, the handset is up against the OnePlus 5.
The long-awaited flagship Android phone Nokia 8 has finally landed in India. The best part is that the handset is priced aggressively priced at Rs 36,999. The phone is set to hit the stores on October 14 via online stores and brick and mortar shops.
For a memory jog, the Nokia 8 offers a premium metal unibody design. Unlike the competition, this phone is carved out of a single block of aluminium in CNC milling process. The device is splash and dust resistant. We would advise against submerging it in water though.
The Nokia 8 uses Zeiss optics for camera assembly. it comprises of two 13-megapixel camera sensors on the back. The colour sensor is equipped with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). The phone introduces a Dual-Sight video livestreaming feature. This means that you can simultaneously broadcast from phone's front and rear cameras in split screen. Quite a neat trick for social media content creators.
The Nokia 8 can record 4K quality videos with Nokia OZO Audio. The latter captures spatial sound using three onboard microphones. To handle all these fancy features, the phone is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 chipset. To ensure the phone runs cool, HMD claims to have used a copper pipe with liquid cooling.
On the software front, the Nokia 8 comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1. HMD promises regular updates to help you stay on top of features and security.
TAGS: Nokia 8
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-