Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:42 13th Sep, 2017
The iPhone X Sports A Stunning Edge-To-Edge OLED Screen
The device is expected to cost a bomb in India.
Along with the boring iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, Apple announced the star of the show, iPhone X (pronounced as 10). Unlike its siblings, the iPhone X comes with a gorgeous design. The phone is quite a looker while maintaining water and dust resistance. To achieve an almost bezel-less design, Apple has got rid of the Home button. The UI navigation is now taken care of by on-screen buttons and gestures in the iOS 11.
The iPhone X is the first phone from Apple to feature an OLED screen. It is the same panel type that you see on top-end Samsung phones. The 5.8-inch screen packs in 1125 x 2436 pixels.
The phone is powered by Apple's A11 Bionic chipset. This hexa-core processor packs-in some serious power. When it comes to gaming, you can expect at least 30 percent jump in the performance.
In the photography department, you get a 12-megapixel dual camera setup. It also boasts of OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). The secondary lens offers 10x optical zoom. You can also play with the depth of focus in pictures.
The camera can record impressive 4K video at 60 fps. At 1080p, you can create a slo‑mo video by shooting at 240 fps. For selfie aficionados, Apple has thrown-in a 7-megapixel front camera.
With the fingerprint sensor gone, the iPhone X uses the new Face ID features. This technology makes use of a dot projector, infrared camera, and flood illuminator. These advanced depth-sensing technologies work together to securely unlock iPhone, enable Apple Pay, gain access to secure apps and many more new features.
The battery now supports Qi wireless (induction) charging. On a single charge, the phone can last for up to 12 hours internet use or up to 21 hours talk time.
In the US, the iPhone X will be available in silver and space gray in 64 GB and 256 GB models. The base model will cost $999, whereas the 256 GB model will burn a $1149 hole in your pocket. Rumour has it that the 256 GB iPhone X will cost over a lakh rupees.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week