Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:58 14th Sep, 2017
There's Nothing Exciting About The iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus | TechTree.com
There's Nothing Exciting About The iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
The latest iPhone duo is quite boring in terms of design and features.
The wait is finally over, as Tim Cook has unveiled the next pair iPhones. Dubbed as the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, these two phones come with a glass body. Apple claims that the glass finish is made using a seven-layer colour process for precise hue and opacity. While the choice of materials has changed, the new phones are still water and dust resistant. Overall though, there's hardly anything exciting in term of design.
The new 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screens feature True Tone that promises to deliver natural colours. The company claims that these screens have the best color accuracy in the industry.
Both the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are powered by Apple's new A11 Bionic chips. Games will be delighted to know that the new chips deliver up to 30 percent better faster graphics performance than the previous generation SoC.
In terms of photography, the iPhone 8 Plus gets a 12 MP dual-camera setup. So, you can snap some pictures with bokeh effects. The iPhone 8 has a more conventional single lens camera. These phones can record 4K video up to 60 fps and 1080p slo-mo up to 240fps.
Apple has also introduced wireless charging tech on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. These phones are compatible with Qi charging standards. While this is a good addition, Apple surely lost an opportunity to add any killer features.
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will be available for pre-order beginning Friday, September 15 in more than 25 countries and territories, and in stores beginning Friday, September 22. The iPhone 8 with 64 GB internal storage is pegged at $699, while the Plus variant is dearer by $100. These two phones hardly offer anything new over the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. So, if you own last year's iPhone, there's no solid reason to go for the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
TAGS: Apple iPhone
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals