16:59 12th Sep, 2017
Samsung Launches Galaxy Note 8 In India For Rs 67,900
Bixby can recognise Indian accents and also help users translate signboards by simply pointing the camera.
Samsung has finally launched its much awaited Galaxy Note 8 smartphone in India for a whopping price of Rs 67,900. It is worth noting that the smartphone has reached the Indian soil within few weeks of its global unveil. Also, the smartphone has been launched in India on the same day when the whole world is waiting for Apple to roll off the sheets from its new iPhone 8 and iPhone X in Cupertino.
While the technical specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launched in India is pretty much similar to the variant that was unveiled globally, it is definitely worth noting that there are some ‘India-specific’ features which make it unique.
An important change we can find in the Indian variant is Samsung’s virtual assistant Bixby’s local-focused features. It is said to soon recognise Indian accents, and also, translate languages for users. This feature, in-fact, is similar to ‘Google Translate’ which allows users to translate signboard texts into English by simply pointing the camera at it.
Technically speaking, the Galaxy Note 8 comes with a 6.3 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display protected by a Corning Gorillas Glass 5 on both front and back sides. It also features a 64 bit octa-core Exynos 8895 processor paired with a 6 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM.
The camera department is made up of two 12 MP sensors on the rear and an 8 MP front facing shooter. The rear camera also comes with Dual Optical Image Stabilisation. And, backing all these, is a 3,300 mAh battery that supports wireless and fast charging. The device is also IP 68 certified which makes it dust and water proof.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones