10:56 18th Aug, 2017
BSNL In Association With MobiKwik Launches Mobile Wallet
BSNL Mobile Wallet is touted to have over 1.5 million merchants already on the network.
Moving forward with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India mission, State-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has launched a mobile wallet that enables customers to make bill payments and transact on e-commerce platforms.
Interestingly, the wallet has been developed and issued by MobiKwik on behalf of BSNL, and according to a recent press release, with over 1.5 million merchants already on the network, the BSNL Wallet is touted to be India’s largest wallet by any telecom company.
According to a release, the app enables Fastest Online Recharges, Bill Payments, Shopping and Bus Booking. It is also claimed to be the most secure, simple & fastest way to recharge your mobile phone.
Users can get all top ups, SMS, data (GPRS, 2G, 3G & 4G), local, STD, ISD, postpaid, DTH plans, vouchers & full talk time recharge offers. Users can also pay for IRCTC train tickets with BSNL wallet.
At the launch, Manoj Sinha, Minister for Telecommunications said, “I congratulate BSNL for partnering with MobiKwik for this special initiative as this takes us closer to realizing our Hon’ble PMs vision of making India a digital superpower. With this co-branded wallet, the ease of payment will be extended to all the customers while equally strengthening financial inclusion in the rural hinterlands, which often get neglected. Going digital is the need of an hour for both urban and rural areas, and this partnership is definitely a step in right direction.”
Anupam Srivastava, CMD, BSNL said, “Through this strategic partnership between BSNL and MobiKwik, we are taking another important milestone in achieving our Honb’le PM Modi’s vision of enabling and making India a less-cash society based on his grand vision of digital India. We at BSNL are proud to be part of this programme and will ensure that all our 100 million BSNL customers will be able to seamlessly and conveniently transact and pay mobile and other financial payments through the co-branded MobiKwik wallet.”
Bipin Preet Singh, founder and CEO, MobiKwik further added, “We are proud to associate with BSNL in an endeavour to empower masses in India with access to highly dependable internet connectivity and digital payments. BSNL wallet will enable masses in paying bills, recharging their phone connections and paying for their daily purchases, within seconds.”
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance