14:55 24th Sep, 2012
Microsoft Confirms Windows 8 Upgrade For India; Priced At Rs 700 — With Major Caveat
Valid only if you buy a new PC preloaded with Windows 7 OEM between 2nd June, 2012 and 31st January, 2013.
Not long after pricing the Windows 8 upgrade for existing Windows 7 users at $15 (Rs 850 approx) internationally, Microsoft has confirmed the Windows Upgrade Offer for India. The upgrade will be in the form of a downloadable copy of Windows 8 Professional, priced at Rs 700. However, there's a big catch. The offer is valid only if you buy a new Windows 7 PC bearing a valid OEM Certificate of Authenticity (COA) between 2nd June, 2012 to 31st January, 2013. You aren't eligible for the upgrade if your PC has been purchased prior to the aforementioned date, or if it didn't come preloaded with Windows 7.
Discount notwithstanding, do remember that the total cost still comes around to the premium you pay for the OEM version of Windows 7 combined with the extra 700 bucks for the Windows 8 upgrade. Consumers buying PCs preloaded with Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate, replete with a matching and valid OEM COA in the aforementioned period are eligible for this offer. Unfortunately, those with Windows 7 Starter Edition have been excluded from this programme.
The new OS, however, must be downloaded before the program expiration at the end of February 2013. Consumers who register for the offer will be able to download Windows 8 from the release day onwards. The upgrade can be installed on any eligible and compatible Windows PC and is backed by 90 days of support from Microsoft. Click here to learn more about the upgrade offer, while these FAQs should address any queries you may have.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-