11:22 20th Jul, 2017
Amazon Spark Feature Finally Available On iOS App
This is the shopping-focused social networking feature that Amazon has been testing out for a while.
The much rumoured shopping-focused social networking feature on Amazon is recently reported to be available on its iOS app. Being called as ‘Amazon Spark’, the new feature is a bit of Pinterest and Instagram mixed with Amazon Prime, claims a recent post published on Gadgets360.
While the company has been seen testing the new feature for a while now, it was launched officially on Amazon iOS app only on Tuesday, and it is said that this is an Amazon Prime member exclusive feature. It is also worth noting that an Android version of the same feature is being planned.
Image Courtesy: CNBC
Amazon Spark works pretty much like Pinterest; it allows users to share posts about their interests. However, the main concept here is sell more and connect with customers. These photo-heavy posts shared by customers ideally leads to shopping.
However, according to Gadgets360, Bob Hetu, research director for retail at Gartner has mentioned that the new feature by Amazon is not yet being pushed hard on customers — at least not yet. Having said that, if you want to give it a shot, you can head to ‘Programs and Features’ on the app’s menu bar. You will have to choose five interests from the given list and once you are submit, you will see photos posts pretty much like how you would on Instagram.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week