Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:49 20th Apr, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S8 Gets A Hefty Price Tag In India
The smartphone's price starts at Rs 57,900.
Within a month of its announcement, Samsung's latest flagship duo has landed in India. The Korean company's first high-profile handset to launch after the Galaxy Note 7 battery fiasco has a responsibility to win back the consumer trust.
The Galaxy S8 comes in two screen sizes. The regular one with 5.8-inch screen and the + version with a 6.2-inch display. Samsung is known for its impeccable smartphone screens, and the S8 is no exception. You get top-notch OLED panels on these phones.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are equipped with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. The 12-megapixel main camera has a dual-lens setup. It also boasts of OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) for improved low-light performance.
In India, the S8 and S8+ are powered by Samsung's in-house Exynos 8895 Octa chipset. Like any other flagship phone, the S8 is loaded with accelerometer, barometer, fingerprint sensor, gyro Sensor, geomagnetic sensor, heart rate sensor, proximity sensor, iris sensor, pressure sensor, and whatnot.
All these goodies, do come at a price though, as the Samsung Galaxy S8 price starts at Rs 57,900. For the Plus variant with a bigger screen, you have to shell out at least Rs 64,900. The handset is expected to hit the stores on 5th of May.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones