Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:16 17th Mar, 2017
YouTube Discontinues Those Annoying Annotations
It will now use mobile-friendly elements such as Cards and End Screens for promotion.
Google has flipped the switch on annotations option in YouTube. The search-giant is planning to replace it with mobile-friendly solutions such as Cards and End Screens. The Mountain View based company believes that Cards and End Screens are a cleaner way to promote merchandise, recommend videos, and more.
Google claims that the change is driven by user feedback. It is no surprise that more and more people are using mobile phones for content consumption. According to statistics, over 60 percent of YouTube watch time is mobile. From May 2, you’ll no longer be able to add new or edit existing annotations, only delete them. Existing annotations will continue to show when using a desktop computer.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones