Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:16 17th Mar, 2017
YouTube Discontinues Those Annoying Annotations
It will now use mobile-friendly elements such as Cards and End Screens for promotion.
Google has flipped the switch on annotations option in YouTube. The search-giant is planning to replace it with mobile-friendly solutions such as Cards and End Screens. The Mountain View based company believes that Cards and End Screens are a cleaner way to promote merchandise, recommend videos, and more.
Google claims that the change is driven by user feedback. It is no surprise that more and more people are using mobile phones for content consumption. According to statistics, over 60 percent of YouTube watch time is mobile. From May 2, you’ll no longer be able to add new or edit existing annotations, only delete them. Existing annotations will continue to show when using a desktop computer.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499