14:17 15th Mar, 2017
Gmail On Android Now Allows You To Send Money As Attachments
Tap on ‘Attachment’ icon and choose either Send Money or Request Money.
Google has recently made an announcement on its official blog that starting today, Gmail on Android users can share money with their friends and family just as they would safely share photos and files until now. According to the blog post, this is a fee-free way to actually split a dinner or even share the bills while planning a group trip.
The blogpost also mentions, “Sending money in Gmail is as easy as sending any other attachment. Just tap on the attachment icon and choose whether you want to send or request money.”
The blog further explains, “Recipients are able to receive or request money right from the email itself—without having to install another payment app. They can even arrange for money they receive to go directly into their bank account. Either way, it’s completely free for both of you.”
Apparently, you can exchange money with almost anyone, even with those who are not on Gmail. And, interestingly, the recipients can receive money without even the need of any other payment app as well. The best part is - the feature is completely free for both sender and recipient.
However, the only constraint for now is that the feature is currently available in the US.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance