19:17 29th May, 2012
Intex Introduces New 8" Android 2.3 i-Tab For Rs 8900 | TechTree.com
Intex Introduces New 8" Android 2.3 i-Tab For Rs 8900
Features a 1 GHz CPU, front camera, and Wi-Fi; 7" and 10" models in the works.
Intex has launched a new i-Tab tablet, with specs almost similar to the original tablet that was launched in March this year. The Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) device is powered by a 1 GHz processor, with 1 GB of RAM (as against 512 MB of its predecessor). It's 8" (800x600) display features five-point capacitive touch sensing capability to let users zoom in and out of the screen, using all the fingers of a hand. The 8 GB of internal memory can be further expanded up to 32 GB via microSD. Intex specifies that the tab also supports external hard drives with capacities up to 100 GB, although we are not sure how it has arrived at this capacity limit. A VGA front camera has been incorporated for video chat. Other features include an inbuilt gyroscope, GPS, and 3.5 mm audio jack. It also has a 5000 mAh battery with a claimed talktime of 5-6 hours.
It offers Wi-Fi connectivity option, whereas 3G connectivity is provided through the "Intex dongle" (to be bought separately). The company pre-loads applications to view office documents, Adobe Reader, a battery saving application, and also several games including Angry Birds, Paper Toss, Solitaire, and Talking Tom. Unlike the original iTab, the new tablet ships without any additional accessories such as a 3G data card, USB dongle, LAN adaptor, leather cover, and a pair of Reebok sunglasses. The tablet is available at an MRP of Rs 8900, and the company plans to bring out 7" and 10" models in the coming months, although we hope that at least the upcoming tablets run ICS out of the box.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
Reader Comments (17)