Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
14:59 27th Feb, 2017
MWC 2017: LG Unveils Its Flagship Smartphone G6
In the latest iteration, the Korean brand does away with modular design.
This year's Mobile World Congress is in full swing. We have already seen multiple brands announcing fancy phones, tablets, and laptop computers. The biggest announcement though comes from the Korean tech giant LG, which showcased its latest smartphone in Barcelona. Dubbed the G6, the handset is a major departure from its predecessor. It features a streamlined design as opposed to the G5's gimmicky take on modular concept.
To catch up with the competition, LG has added water and dust resistance to its flagship phone. For those interested in details, it adheres to IP68 standards. The LG G6 has an impressively smaller footprint for a phone with 5.7-inch screen. Speaking of which, you get a pixel-packed display with 18.9 aspect ratio. The handset is backed by Qualcomm's Sanpdragon 821 chipset. In the photography department, you get a 13-megapixel camera with dual-lens assembly. LG has implemented OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) for better low-light shots.
Like any other flagship device, the LG G6 is packed with features. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back. other specs include 4G LTE, NFC, 4 GB RAM, microSD card slot. Type-C USB port and 3300 mAh battery with Qualcomm's Quick Charge tech. In terms of software, you get Android 7.0 Nougat with LG's custom UI on top. As of this writing, LG hasn't shed any light on the pricing and availability.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance